Grilled Fruit Kebabs with Tangy Lemon Yogurt Sauce
Time: Under 30 minutes
Thinly slice a lemon; fold each slice twice and slide onto skewers.
- 12 chunks each: peeled papaya, banana, mango, pineapple and kiwifruit
- 12 strawberries
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) honey
Tangy Lemon Yogurt Sauce
Makes 2 1/2 cups (625 ml)
Combine and chill 1 hour to blend flavors:
- 1 container (500 g) vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) honey
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 ml) grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- Thread fruit chunks and strawberries onto 12 skewers. (If wooden skewers are used, soak in cold water for 30 minutes).
- Combine butter and honey. Brush honey butter over kebabs.
- Barbecue 3 to 4 minutes per side or until hot and glazed, brushing occasionally with honey butter.
- Serve immediately with Tangy Lemon Yogurt Sauce.
comments powered by Disqus